YMCA Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Walking
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to lead safe and effective walking sessions for groups of people with varying fitness and skill levels. This is an online course with video assessment and face-to-face exams.
The combination of the Level 2 mandatory units and walk leading units, provides learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to plan and deliver fitness walking sessions. This course comprises of a combination of theory units and practical units. Independent study using manuals and online resources is required with optional help from a Student Mentor.
- Relationship between healthy living and walking and the benefits of walking programmes
- Importance of careful and thorough planning, preparation and structuring of a walking session
- Anatomy and physiology including the cardio-respiratory system, musculoskeletal system, postural and core stability, and the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- YMCA Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Walking
- Skills for Care recognised
- SkillsActive recognised and Level of entry onto REPs: Level 2 Physical Activity Advisor (PAA) and 16 REPs
- Over 18
- Skills for Care endorsed
Book your place now!
|£||Description||Link to Payment|
|£520 + VAT||Online training and face-to-face theory exams||Book Now|
|Group bookings||Discounts available on Group Bookings||Request a Quote|