Amac Certificate in Seated Recreational Physical Activity Instructing
This course equips you with the skills and understanding to lead your own games-based seated fitness classes. You will not only learn how to plan and deliver fun and games exercise sessions for frailer older adults and disabled adults, but your training will incorporate the key principles and values of the adult social care sector. You will learn everything you need to run inclusive exercise sessions which have a real impact on improving the quality of frailer older and disabled adults.
You will learn the differences between Chair-based Exercise Instructing and Seated Recreational Physical Activity Instructing and how to motivate and support individuals throughout activity and the potential challenges that may occur. You will learn the significant physical, mental and social health benefits of seated exercise for older adults as well as how to effectively engage with your participants. You will be taught appropriate games and exercises to improve aerobic fitness, muscular strength, mobility and flexibility skills, drills and games.
This Seated Recreational Physical Activity Instructor course can be completed online in approximately 6-10 hours. With the e-learning for this course, you will find explanations, photographs and videos detailing how each component of the fun session should be carried out and how to link all this knowledge together. Alternatively, if you would prefer face-to-face training we can offer in-house training on request. Discounts are available for group bookings.
- The values and principles of adult social care
- The importance of diversity within adult social care
- The differences between games-based seated fitness sessions and chair-based exercise sessions
- How games-based seated fitness sessions can be beneficial
- Engaging individuals to take part in games-based seated fitness sessions
- The effects of ageing, disability and inactivity on the main body systems
- How these changes impact on the planning and delivery of safe and inclusive games-based seated fitness sessions
- Managing risk
- Planning safe and inclusive games-based seated fitness sessions
- Delivering safe and inclusive games-based seated fitness sessions, and how to adapt activities to meet the needs of those taking part
- Special considerations when delivering games-based seated fitness sessions
- Reflecting on your games-based seated fitness sessions
- Acting in the event of adverse effects during seated recreational physical activities
- Structuring a session
- 93 skills, drills and games, each with adaptations. Includes:
- Basic object handling – 17 activities
- Throwing and catching skills, drills and games – 30 activities
- Target skills, drills and games – 29 activities
- Functional – 5 activities
- Parachute games x 12
Hard-copy Training Manual
There is a comprehensive hard-copy training manual available which covers all the content for this course and is a useful reference guide. This is included with all face-to-face training courses and an optional extra for those studying online to buy separately.
- Amac Certificate in Seated Recreational Physical Activity Instructing
- Skills for Care recognised
- PD Approval endorsed with 6 Register of Exercise professionals Points (Members of the Register of Exercise Professionals with Level 3 Older Adult can use these points towards their annual CPD requirement)
- Over 18
- No pre-existing qualifications or fitness experience are necessary.
Book your place now!
|£||Description||Link to Payment|
|£190 + VAT||Full Cost||Book Now|
|£25 (inc. UK delivery)||Hard-copy Manual to accompany online course||Buy Now|
|Group bookings||Discounts available on Group Bookings||Request a Quote|