Active IQ Leading Health-related Activity Sessions
The aim of the qualification is to provide you with the essential knowledge and skills required to plan, prepare and deliver safe and effective activity sessions for a group of participants of any age.
This qualification is ideal for individuals:
• considering a career in the sport and recreation industry
• wishing to improve their knowledge and skills of delivering activity sessions
• already working in sport and recreation environments who wish to improve their knowledge and skills to deliver activity sessions and enhance their career progression opportunities.
In this qualification, you will learn about:
• How to promote safety during activity sessions.
• How to identify and deal with hazards and reduce risks in the activity environment.
• The links between activity, health and fitness.
• How to plan and prepare an activity session.
• How to prepare and deliver a safe and effective activity session.
• How to review the effectiveness of the activity session and action plan for future sessions.
You will be provided with a hard-copy Active IQ manual, tutor induction/support via Zoom and additional downloadable PDF resources to help you plan sessions and get started leading activities with children.
On average it will take around 10-20 hours to complete the study and assessment tasks.
- Promoting healthy lifestyles and physical activity
- Planning an activity session
- Delivering an activity session
Worksheets, an assignment, a session plan, a practical demonstration, and a session/self-evaluation
Videoed observation of session that is a minimum of 30 minutes to include preparing for the session, warm-up, main component, cool-down, concluding the session & self-evaluation. This video should be with between 5-12 participants.
- Over 18
Book your place now!
|£||Description||Link to Payment|
|£550 + VAT||Distance learning course with hard-copy manual
No attendance required. Assessment by portfolio and videoed session.
|Multiple bookings||Discount available for multiple bookings onto the same course. A 5% discount applied to five or more and a 10% discount applied to ten or more courses.||Request a Quote|